Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Amazing

Amazed....I can't believe it's 2008.

Dan and I rang in our first New Year together 14 years ago. A chance dare per se brought us together for a first kiss and a shot of Hot Damn at midnight and as they say the rest is history. Dan and I had met each other a mere 27 days before when he arrived for an extended visit from Florida, except after spending New Years Eve together and much time after that by Valentines day of 1994 he was still here and making plans to move here permanently to see where the future would take us. By November 1994 we had our first home together, by February 1995 we were making wedding plans for April 1996. The future has brought us 14 years together and 3 beautiful boys.

In this day an age I feel accomplished one that we were married before having children and two that after 14 years together and 11 1/2 years of marriage we are still plugging along. Marriage isn't always easy, but when your partner is also your best friend it makes getting through the bumps in the road a whole lot better. Even when things are tough we can always find a way to laugh together.

Dan and I spent this New Year as we have the past 13 with a kiss at midnight and a shot of Hot Damn. It was a blessing as we rang in the New Year that he was still here to spend it with me after having his heart attack in March. Looking forward to many more New Years together.

No comments: