Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One Year

My goodness it's been a YEAR since my grandfather took his last breath here on earth. I can't believe it.

The boys and I along with my mom travelled to Tennessee last week to spend some time with my grandmother while the boys were off school for winter break. I couldn't be with Grandma today, but hope that our visit last week helped ease the immense loss she deals with daily.

I feel bad, I couldn't even muster up to call her today...afraid it would be too painful for her. I am sure it was a sad, lonely day for her cause I know I replayed in my head a hundred times today the phone call that came in the morning of the 26th to say he had passed in his sleep and felt the sting of loss like it was 1 year ago.

Grandpa, I miss you as much today as I did a year ago and your loss is still felt everyday! I look forward to meeting up with you one day in heaven when we can be walk together on the streets of gold! Love you Grandpa....your nieceree!

No comments: