Monday, March 24, 2008
All about Dan.....
Current mood: thankful
Category: Life
So today I thought I would take a bit to write all about Dan. Although many times I take for granted what I have, I am truly married to a great guy and my best friend. It was a year ago today, that changed our lives forever. Dan had a heart attack while at work. It was in that moment of not knowing whether he was alright or if he would be alright that I truly realized just how lucky I am that God brought us together so many years ago. Once I got to the hospital and got to see him and knew he should be alright my fears of losing him lessened and I began to reflect on just how great my life with him is.
A list of just why my husband is the best!!
Dan takes such good care of me and the boys.
For 9 years, he worked afternoons so that our boys would always be with one of the two of us.
Dan is a hard worker who always put the needs of me and the boys before his own.
For the past 7 months Dan has been on days, which means he gets the boys from school daily and then comes home, helps them with homework, and has dinner ready when I get in from work. He greets me with a smile and a kiss.
He is funny, witty, sarcastic, charming, lovable, caring, kind, and many other things.
He keeps me grounded and evens me out.
He loves me for who I am accepting (or tolerating) all of my flaws.
We don’t fight, never have...disagreements here or there on occasion.
We are partners in raising our boys, from the day they were born he shared in changing diapers, night feedings, etc.
He loves my family and gets along with them all very well....sometimes too well I think my family loves him more : ) hehe
He listens to me rant and rave about work, co workers, etc or whatever is bothering me that day without interruption, then reminds me that work is work and it’s just a job...relax and dwell on the important things in life, our family.
He doesn’t harass me for getting behind in the housework as I work too...he just steps up and does the work that needs to be done.
When he wanted only 2 children and I wanted 4, he compromised and we had 3 as it was the fair way to do it. Hence how we got Dillon....thanks Dan!
He watches chick flicks with me.
He is a awesome father to our 3 boys!
I love him more today than I did 14+ years ago and I look forward to spending many more years with him.
I could probably list many other reasons why Dan is the best, but I am sure those reading are tired of listening to me gush!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment