Saturday, March 8, 2008

Today's a blur 3/25/07

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Today's a blur....
Current mood: tired
Category: Life


Let's see if I can play out the past 24hours for you......

24 hours ago I was hanging out online, much as I am now. checking myspace and playing games online. 2:20 am decided it's really late and I should get to bed and start movin towards going up stairs. 2:24 Home phone rings, pit in stomach as this can't be good. See caller ID says St. Johns.....ack Dan is in the ER there and I have been asked to get there as soon as possible. (me) huh? St. Johns, where's that? (lady from St. johns) give me the whereabouts and tells me nothing more....doesn't answer my questions about what has happened to Dan, just insists I am needed there as soon as I can get there. Heart pounding through chest and shaking is setting in...I dial my mom (who else would you call right?) Mommy answers, but is confused and disorientated after all who likes waking up to a ringing phone in the middle of the night. She was spending her second night home in her bed after being in Tennessee for a month. Mommy lets me know her and Daddy will be right over. My mommy stayed with my boys and Daddy drove me to St. Johns on the East side of Detroit. 3:30ish am I enter the ER at St. Johns where I inquire where Dan is....after a bit of disorganization as to where in the hospital he is, I am told someone will be down to discuss his condition with me. A nice gal comes and gets me and my daddy and takes us up to a family waiting area, where an ER doctor comes in and tells me that my husband (yes I am his wife, not his daughter LOL!) was at work wrapping up payroll around 1am when he started having chest pains and it was confirmed at JNAP (worksite) that he was currently having a heart attack. EMS prioritized him as a code 1 and the hospital began to prepare for his arrival and a cardiac team was called in. At the hospital they ran further test to verify the heart attack and figure their course of action. Pretty much immediate action was needed so he was taken to the Cardio Lab to have Angieoplasty done and a stent was place in a completely blocked(by a blood clot) artery on the right side of his heart. By 4:30am doctors came to see me and my daddy in yet another waiting room to tells us the procedure was successful and that he will be moved to the Cardiac ICU for the night(day). We got to see him and transfer with him where we were directed to yet another waiting room while they get him settled into ICU. About 20 minutes later we were able see him and talk more about what happened. After a brief visit we left so he could rest and so we could get home to get a few winks of shut eye before the boys got up for the day. Crazy crazy...home at 6am and in bed only to toss and turn for an hour before finally falling asleep for a whole whopping hour and 40 minutes and a new portion of the day begins.

He should be fine despite the scare. It could have been alot worse had he not gotten help as soon as he did. We are fortunate and are counting our blessings. He'll take awhile to recover, but we will get there. We are a truly blessed family!

No comments: