Friday, March 02, 2007
Scrambled thoughts from Tennessee
Category: Life
I can't believe I am here in Tennessee preparing to bury my grandfather. Sure he's 86 years young and had a great long active life, but he's my grandfather (the greatest man I have ever known). How is it that my bigger than life grandfather has now been silenced? I know everyone has to go sometime, but I just can't believe he's gone. What a special relationship my grandfather shared with each one of his children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great great grandchild and every life he touched. For me, I was his nieceree and there was never any changing that We shared many stories of his life and the things he had experienced over quiet early morning breakfast just the 2 of us. He was the king of making pancakes and now my children are asking if I can practice so that I too may get as good as grandpa...I don't think that will ever happen, but try I can. For my children they loved when great grandpa would take them to the creek up the road to throw rocks. They loved it and never tired throwing stone after stone and grandpa would just light up that they too loved the outdoors so much. It's so hard to summarize the life of a man who was kind to everyone, always lending a helping hand to anyone, loved his family, love God, and most of all just truly loved being busy and lovin' life.
Dancing With Angels
by Monk & Neagle
Memories surround me
But sadness has found me
I'd do anything for more time
Never before has someone meant more
And I can't get you out of my mind
There is so much that I don't understand
But I know
Chorus:
You're dancing with the angels
Walking in new life
You're dancing with the angels
Heaven fills your eyes
Now that you're dancing with the angels
You had love for your family
Love for all people
Love for the Father, and Son
Your heart will be heard
In your unspoken words
Through generations to come
There is so much that I don't understand
But I know
We're only here for such a short time
So I'm gonna stand up
Shout out
And sing Hallelujah
One day I'll see you again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment