Monday, August 27, 2007
Reflective....
Current mood: Reflective
Category: Reflective Life
This may end up being just a bunch of jumble, but the past couple days has been tugging at much emotion.
Today marks 6 months since my grandfather (maternal) passed. I can't even believe it has been 6 months since he was so abruptly silenced. As I sit here in tears it is so hard to be so sad when I know he is in Heaven where one day I will see him again. He got his ticket and I should be rejoicing that he has met our Maker, yet I can't help that we ALL miss him so much! I love you Grandpa!!
Friday, August 24th was my grandfather's (paternal) birthday. It's been 3 1/2 years since I lost him, but it is still so fresh as well. I presume it will always be that way. They both were my grandfathers that I have so many memories of. I am a lucky one...I had my grandfathers with me until my 30's...many do not get that kind of time with their grandparents or even parents for that matter. I am so thankful that I am so blessed to have so many great memories with them, as do my boys.
And tomorrow my oldest will be 8, that's EIGHT! I can't believe it. 8 years ago I was at a birth center already 8 hours into labor awaiting my first blessing. It was another 24 hours before ending up with a c~section and finding out I had a beautiful son. Here I am 8 years later with an 8 year who will begin the 3rd grade in another week and a half. Damien, he's my little man. The one who is always lending hugs and kisses, pats on the back. He is just the genuinely caring little man ever. Hard to believe just how fast they grow before our eyes. He is gains more and more independence every day. Dan and I are so blessed. Happy Birthday Damien!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment